The team delivering the service should include, as a minimum, the following profiles:
Project manager: As a minimum 7 years' professional experience in project management, including overseeing project delivery, quality control of the delivered service, client orientation and conflict resolution experience in a project of a similar size, nature (IWRM and adaptation to climate change) and technical expertise as relevant for the respective assignments.
: The team should include at least:
with a university degree and at least 5 years of professional experience in fields relevant to the implementation of the IWRM approach, covering collectively all following topics:
- Governance in the water sector in Egypt
- Adaptation to climate change
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver reports or technical tools that are acceptable and valued by the water agencies in Egypt is an advantage
Please provide proof of the required skills using the CV form to be found in the tender documentation, Annex 3.
Language competence: The team of experts must collectively prove capacity of working in English language when tendering for all Lots, and in English and Arabic when tendering for all Lot 1, without any need to resort translation, with a minimum language level B2 in reading understanding. At least 2 members of the team should have advanced language skills in English (minimum language level C1 in understanding, speaking and writing1, as demonstrated by a certificate or relevant experience.
Please provide this information using the form provided in the tender documentation, Annex 7.
- The assignment is expected to begin in May 2017.
- The tasks shall be completed until June 30, 2017.
- The execution of the tasks may not start before the contract has been signed.
- The successful tenderer(s) will be directly accountable to the REC. The contract will be managed through the REC, which will appoint a focal person(s) to whom the selected applicant will report directly.
How to apply
Applicants should submit one or more offer(s) comprising for each lot:
- A technical offer, developed according to the Technical Application Form available in the tender documentation, Annex 1, enclosing Annexes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
- A financial offer, developed according to the Financial Offer Template available in the tender documentation, Annex 8.
Identification of the tenderer:
The templates to be used by applicants to present their technical and financial offers are available in the tender specification documentation.
- Evidence for exclusion criteria.
- Evidence for selection criteria.
Applications may be submitted either by post/courier, or by email.
- a) In the case of bids sent by post/courier, the postmark or the date on the deposit slip shall be regarded as evidence of the date of dispatch. Bids should be addressed to:
The Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe
Ady Endre ut 9-11
Tenders must be placed inside a sealed envelope. If self-adhesive envelopes are used, they must be sealed with adhesive tape and the sender must sign across this tape.
The outer envelope must also contain two sealed envelopes, one containing the technical offer enclosing Annexes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 and the other containing the financial offer (Annex 8). The envelopes must be clearly marked “Technical” and “Financial”.
The deadline for the receipt of offers is May 9, 2017, at 17:00 CET (UTC+1, Budapest time).
- b) In the case of bids sent by e-mail, the automatic delivery notification shall be regarded as evidence of the date of dispatch.
The maximum budget is fixed for each individual lot:
Lot 1: € 15, 000
including VAT and should include international travel costs, expert fees, and all other content related costs.
Evaluation and award criteria
Detailed information about the evaluation criteria can be found in the tender documentation, Chapter 2.
In accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_European_Framework_of_Reference_for_Languages