The Directorate of Scientific Research and Innovation is a central direction (DRSI) of the Ministry of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Executive Training. Its main role is to initiate, coordinate and follow up the following missions:
- Elaborating the national strategy to develop the scientific and technical research;
- Determining thematic priorities and research needs in terms of programs and projects;
- Implementing the required procedures and means for coordination, funding, evaluation and exploitation of scientific research results;
- Conducting surveys, assessments, expertise and investigations relating to scientific research and technological development;
- Secretariat of the Inter-ministerial Standing Committee for Scientific Research and Technological Development;
- Allocating the government’s resources aiming to support various research projects and programs defined according to national priorities;
- Suggesting lows and regulations related to scientific research;
- Promoting the scientific and technical human resources;
- Implementing a policy to develop and disseminate the scientific culture and technical information;
- Promoting cooperation and partnership in the field of scientific research and technological innovation between public and private research institutions and socioeconomic sectors.
This Directorate is involved in the multi-lateral dialogue platform, ARIMNET, ERANETMED and two Tempus project, MonProG and Comper Averroes. Morocco participates also in the discussion on the initiative “Partnership in Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean area (“PRIMA”)”, based on the Article 185 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
In bilateral context, Morocco has participated in two programs, M2ERA and MOBILISE.
Morocco has also organized in Rabat on September 19th and 20th, 2013 the first Conference of Ministers in charge of Scientific Research in the Western Mediterranean “5+5 Dialogue”. The second conference was held in 2015 in Madrid
5TOI Project Responsible
- Abdelhak MOURADI obtained his PhD degree in 1985 in information and communication technology (ICT). He worked as Professor at the Faculty of sciences, Mohamed V University, Rabat from 1978 to 1994. He was the Deputy Director of National School of Computer Science and Systems Analysis (ENSIAS) between 1994 and 1998 and the Director of the same institute between 2003and 2007. Currently, he is the Director of scientific research and innovation (MESRSFC). Pr. MOURADI is currently the coordinator of the NCP of Morocco.
Since 2013, Pr. Mouradi is one of the key actors of the STI cooperation between Morocco and EU. He is the MESRSFC‟s representative in the Management Board of 2 European Research Projects (ARIMNET “Agricultural Research In the Mediterranean Network” and ERANETMED “Euro-Mediterranean Cooperation Through ERANET Joint Activities And Beyond” and 2 European Cooperation Projects (Tempus-MonProg Project "Mesures d'accompagnement dans le montage, la gestion et le suivi des projets de recherche et de coopération" and Tempus-COMPERE-Averroès “COMpétence Projets Européens REseau Averroès”). He is also a Member of the Euro-Mediterranean Group of Senior Officials in Research and Innovation (EU-Med GSO) and he coordinates activities of the SCRI and CGACRST between Morocco and the EU.
- Abdelouahid EZZARFI holds a PhD in Atomic and Molecular Physics. Currently he is the Head of Division of Extra-University Research Coordination at the Directorate of scientific research and innovation (MESRSFC). He contributed actively in several European projects (M2ERA, MIRA, INCONET GCC, MOBILISE, ERANETMED, MonProG). He has been involved in many studies related to research and innovation management. For example, he conducted a study on patent and the inventive activities in Morocco (2004-2009), a study on venture capital and his contribution for the financing of innovative entreprises in Morocco, two studies on scientific research indicators in Morocco. Regarding the international cooperation, he contributed in a study on evaluation of scientific and technological cooperation between Morocco and the EU. He is member of NCP Team. He coordinates activities of the SCRI and CGACRST between Morocco and the EU.
Tel: 00212 5 37217649
fax: 00212 5 37217650
Organisation address: Annexe du MESRSFC sise à l’Institut d’Etudes et de Recherche en Arabisation, Madinat Al Irfane BP. 4500